Thursday, September 19, 2013

September blogging challenge: Catch-up!

Well, I jinxed myself last week when I thought I'd fallen behind. Well, I am back and playing catch-up so...


Monday, the 16th's prompt was an embarrassing moment. The most embarrassing moment for me that really sticks out is a few weeks ago when I fell off a curb! Oh it was so embarrassing. I was walking and talking and didn't even see that I was coming to an area on the side walk that led to the street, thus it started to slant down....well, you can imagine what happened then...bam! Down I go. I wound up with two scraped knees. I was told by someone that it was the best fall they'd ever seen because he didn't even have time to get out his phone to put it on YouTube. I then gave him a small lecture on being a gentleman, as my hubby gave him the death stare. It was priceless. I really need to pay more attention here that's the second time I've fallen off a curb since moving here lol I can't think of any other embarrassing moments....I was pretty lucky in elementary, middle, and high school. I'm not saying nothing embarrassing happened, I just happened to block it out I'm sure! :)

Tuesday's prompt was if I could live at any other time when would it be and why? If I could live during any other time it would definitely be the '20's! What isn't to love about the roaring '20's?! All the glitz and glam, decent music, parties galore! I'd have been in heaven. Two of my all time favourite books take place in that time period: The Great Gatsby & another one about two best friends who sort of fall apart from one another but eventually find their way back...they also love shoes. I wish I could remember the name of it...I know I sent it to my best friend, I wonder if she still has it....

Wednesday's propt is one area of my life I wish I was better at....I know that one: time management and taking action! I need to start to pay better attention to my to-do lists and do thing in the order in which I want them completed. If I could do this, all my problems would be solved, problem is...I get lazy. :-/

Today, the 19th is something I am passionate about: Fitness. I love to be fit and active. It's so important for mental health as well as physical health. People are constantly telling me they don't have time for fitness, but you know why they don't? If you are really honest with yourself, if that is your excuse, it's because you don't want to. That's ok, just be honest with yourself. If you spend 30 minutes to an hour on facebook/pinterest/whatever everyday that is a time you could be exercising. That time you laid down after lunch and read, if you really wanted you could be exercising. I'm not saying it is for everyone, it just bothers me when people say they don't have time to exercise when really they do they just aren't working to make it happen. When I worked I was up at 4am every single day, worked out and then went about my day...sometimes I would even do a second workout when I got home. It is something that is super important to me and I love it! I also look for anything I can do to get active with my child. I run with her when she wants, I take her to the park and throw the frisbee, hike, etc. I am so passionate about being healthy.

After all that, what are you PASSIONATE about?! Tell me, I want to know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment