Thursday, June 20, 2013

Homemade Facewash

Last week I shared with you the first homemade beauty product I ever made-Homemade Coconut Oil Moisturizer. This week I want to share with you a gem I stumbled up as face wash out of total necessity.
Imagine this…one night I am in my bathroom, getting ready for bed and say to myself, “Oh crud, I forgot I was supposed to go to Shopper’s today & grab more face wash, dang it.” I then begin evaluating the bathroom I was about to turn to the horrific Bath & Body work antibacterial soap I was trying to use up when I remember my Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap in the kitchen! I run out, grab it, and run back to the bathroom. I used it, applied my coconut oil moisturizer and went to bed. I woke up with visibly reduced acne and redness. I figured it was just a coincidence but decided I would give it a try for a week. I've seen such great results I've never gone back to my usual face wash that didn't do much good, anyway.

So…ready for the recipe….


Yup, that’s it. When I first started I just used this straight up. Like I said though, I tend to have very acne prone skin (not really oily, but just prone to acne lol) so this works for me. However, over time I have noticed, even with the coconut oil it’s making my skin quite dry since the acne is gone so I have gone to diluting it at a 1:2 ratio of soap:water. However, I wanted to kick it up a notch & really do some good for my skin so I created this:
Fabulous All-Natural Face Wash
¼ cup castile soap
¼ cup water
¼ cup organic, natural aloe vera gel
2 Tablespoons organic glycerin
5 drops lavender essential oil

Mix all together and pour into a pump container. Use as you would natural face wash being careful not to get in eyes, as it does sting a bit (yes, I know from experience).


Let me know if you try this how you like it. I always give a new face wash 1-2 weeks before deciding if it works for me or not. Also, remember all skin types are different. If you have a sensitivity to any of these items please don’t use them. Also if this seems too harsh for your skin, play around with the measurements. Skin is a tricky thing & everyone’s has different needs…this fits mine, what fits yours?? 

1 comment:

  1. You must have read my mind. I was just thinking "I wonder what you'd make face wash out of?" Now I know!

    ReplyDelete