Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY: Vitamin E Eye Cream

I am loving this series! I have found I really, really enjoy making my own basic beauty products. So far I’ve showed you how to make your own homemade moisturizer and face wash


Today I am delving into more of a “specialty” product. This is a Vitamin E Eye Cream.


I came up with this when I discovered lines around my eyes and got tired of spending over a hundred dollars each month just on eye cream! I found a recipe and decided to give it a go. I've been using it for a few months and have been really pleased with the results I've seen! Obviously, I can’t go back in time so I still have some fine lines but I feel as though they are not as deep as they once were. I also feel as though they aren't as noticeable to everyone. 

I tweaked this recipe a bit from the original because I wanted more Vitamin E in mine. My thought process behind this was Vit E is a healing vitamin & so if I have a higher concentration of it in my cream, I may see better results. I have no idea if this is what actually happened or not, but it was my thought process!

Vitamin E Eye Cream
2 capsules from a Vitamin E bottle (I use this brand)
A bit of coconut oil
3 toothpicks
Lavender essential oil
Contacts case

Pierce each of the Vit E capsules & squeeze one full capsule into each side of the contacts container. Scoop in a little coconut oil (1/2 tsp should suffice), take one toothpick & dip it into your lavender essential oil & mix the Vit E & Coconut Oil together with the toothpick. Then, take the last toothpick & dip it into the lavender essential oil and mix the other side of Vit E and coconut oil together. Put the caps on tightly & store in the refrigerator. Put on each night before bed and in the morning before your makeup! Now, you don’t have to keep it in the fridge, I do simply because I love how cold it is on my eyes in the morning and I feel like it makes any puffiness from my sleep go away. Plus, coconut oil liquefies at 76 degrees Fahrenheit so this keeps it solid and makes it easier to apply.   

Coming up next week is cuticle oil and cuticle scrub….

2 comments:

  1. If I can ever find the time, I'm going to give some of these home made beauty products a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely find the time, they are super quick to make. This eye cream was the most "labour intensive" and it only took me 5 minutes (since you have to pop open the Vit E capsules lol). The coconut moisturizer takes 2 minutes to whip up. They have all lasted me 2 months now. It was well worth the 15 minutes one evening to whip them up. It used to take me longer at Target to pick out each of these products ;)

      Delete