Monday, July 1, 2013

Menu Plan Monday #12

Image Credit
Happy Canada Day friends! 
Image Credit
This is our first Canada Day ever. Last year we got here the day after Canada Day as the office where we needed to export our car was closed that day…not sure why as it was a US office, but ya know, whatever. :P Not sure what to expect of the day. We are right next door to Canada Place so I hoping we’ll get some decent fireworks!

I am still trying to keep it healthy even though this is our last week in town for a while. We leave Sunday for a trip to FL courtesy of my amazing parents.

So, this is what I have cookin’ for the week:

Breakfast:
Monday: (Canada Day) Strawberries and cream oatmeal (red & whitish get it hehe) with a side of egg whites and avocado.
Mr. will just have some scrambled eggs and bacon as he’s not a huge oatmeal fan.

Tuesday:
Egg pizza

Wednesday
Peach cobbler breakfast

Thursday
Check and see what leftovers need to be used up and make some omelet’s or muffins

Friday- Early morning call for the airport.
Grab a quick snack of any muffins or oatmeal that is leftover the quickly clean out the fridge before we leave in the morning.

Saturday
At my parents trying to keep it healthy. You could try thisthough.

Sunday
At my parents trying to keep it healthy. You could try this. (I've been wanting to try that for a while, I really need to give it a go...)

Lunch
Monday
Quiche topped with the salsa made from the pulp of the soup with Tomato-Carrot Soup 

Tuesday
Veggie Taco's with the salsa from yesterday's leftover pulp from the soup

Wednesday
Check out what leftover's are in the fridge and use those up.

Thursday
If there are any leftover's to use up, do so, otherwise either Mongolian BBQ or the Japanese BBQ place four blocks from our house.

Friday Eating out.

Saturday At my parents trying to keep it healthy-this  is delicious though!

Sunday Lunch out.

Dinner
Monday
Chicken pizza’s with corn on the cob and salad

Tuesday
Cheese burgers/veggie burgers with sugar snap peas and corn

Wednesday
Make something clever with leftovers. Maybe some sort of new pizza or crescent rolls. Served up with whatever fruits/veggies are in the fridge.

Thursday
Leftover smorgasbord as I don’t want to waste any food and I need the fridge all cleaned out. Otherwise we’ll do a small pot of homemade mac and cheese with salad.

Friday
Eat out if we’re hungry. Otherwise we’ll just snack on some cold cuts and cheese once we get to my parents’ house.

Saturday
We will most likely eat out with my in-laws.

Sunday
I am on vacation, but you could try this.


So, as you can see this is a very short week for me cooking-wise. I normally don’t do this much leftovers as hubby doesn't enjoy them too much but I don’t want to eat too much crap by eating out, so that is one good way to avoid that. I will still be posting my menu on Monday’s but it won’t have prep suggestions and it will just be links to tasty meals that I've tried previously and found delicious that my picky hubby also likes. I hope you all are having a great summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment