Thursday, July 4, 2013

Focus T25...an honest account.


This amazing kit came in the mail today! I do have to commend Beachbody as a company they are freaking AWESOME when it comes to getting their products out in a timely manner. When I lived in the states most stuff would arrive at my door within 2-3 days of ordering. Since moving to Canada nothing seems to get here quickly so I assumed it would be at least 2-3 weeks. Was I surprised when 24 hours after placin my order I got a shipping confirmation! Now the expected delivery date was Friday. I was totally bummed because I leave for a month long holiday in Florida to visit my family that day so I wasn't going to be able to bring it like I was hoping. Well, what a nice surprise when our building concierge let me know I had a package! I was literally jumping for joy! I think the teenager was a bit embarrassed and the concierge thought I was looney. So, I promptly ripped it open and got to work!

This is me after 25 minutes! 

Yeah buddy for sweat! Can't beat a 25 minute workout that makes you sweat like that! Plus is still look great thanks to my favorite L'Oreal foundation and a top knot! ;)

So I'm going make this a bit of a 50 day series. I should make note I am NOT a Beachbody coach. Nor do I have any desire to be one. I want to give this account because it seems like the only info I can find out there about Beachbody products is posted on blogs hosted by Beachbody coaches. I think it's important to get a non-partisan opinion out there! 

Now, I do want to clear something up about this program. It says you can get the body you want in 25 minutes 5 days a week. I took one look at the calendar and will say it does have a 5 day a week schedule, but one of the days requires doing a double workout. You could do an am workout and then a pm workout, you could do both workouts back to back in one 50 minute session, or you could take the 2nd workout and put it on a 6th day-doing a 6 day a week routine instead of a 5 like most traditional Beachbody programs are. Either way it is still a nice fast paced workout for people who don't have a whole lot of time on their hands or who cringe at the idea of an hour long workout! 

So, Day 1: Cardio. 

Let me start this by saying this video is 25-ish minutes. It is set for 25 minutes. A 3-5 minute warm up, then your intense workout up until the last second. Then, after you're done you say, "where is my cool down/stretch??" That is an extra 2:25 at the end. I do sort of see this as a wee bit misleading as it does throw the time off more, but I write it here so you know to expect to really schedule a full half hour for your workout. 

This started off quite easy with the warm up then gradually builds up. At the end of a section of about 3 exercises you go into a 60-90 second stint where you do all three moves right in a row as many times as you can. (I forget what he called it, I'll have to find out when I do the 2nd workout today.) It was quite fun.

There are modifications. They are done for those looking for low impact. So anyone who can't do a lot of jumping or squatting the modifications of this DVD are perfect for you! I know some women who are pregnant and are still looking to do this set of DVD's I'd say so long as you have discussed with your Dr. you should be fine to do this workout with the modifications. 

All-in-all the workout was quite fun and I built up quite a sweat in 25 minutes. I still felt the need to have some serious protein after which definitely indicates a great workout. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the review. Now I really hope mine arrives early. As everyone's packages are starting to arrive, I have been hearing about the few extra minutes and that 1 hour long day, but still sounds doable. Can't wait to see your results and have a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!! The few extra minutes really aren't that big a deal especially when most of us are used to having to carve out an hour. That hour long day is very do-able, and you always have the option of doing one in the morning and one in the evening or doing it on a 6th day opposed to doing just 5 days. I did think though it was important to point out because for some people that may be a turn off. I know I was very surprised lol I posted that pic up there as a "starting" point. I am excited to see what sort of results come at the end.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I am a little skeptical but I want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a great program! I am not a beachbody coach and I am not affiliated with any coach as I just go to the beachbody site and order my stuff, and this is why I decided to do this review because I only see reviews usually from people who are some how connected to the beachbody company, usually as a coach, reviewing these products. So, I thought this would be a good thing to do. I do believe they have a 30 day guarantee, so, if you aren't happy with it within the 30 days you can return it. I've never returned a product though, of course I also love working out at home...the convenience can't be beat and neither can the overall cost.

    ReplyDelete