Moving on....water, water, water!
You've heard me mention it before it is very, very important to keep our bodies running well! I drink way more than I need to in a day but it makes me feel good and I don't really like too many other drinks...especially anything sugar laden. Ick, just makes me feel weighed down. But, I am bringing up water right now because the temperatures are heating up all over the northern hemisphere, especially in the states where some places are having record highs well into the 100's! So, it is more important now more than ever especially as we vacation, stay-cation, whatever your family is doing water needs to be a part of it! Here are a few recipes to get you through. Any of those recipes on that page can also be made with sparkling water for those of you who love to drink soda's but are trying to make a switch!
Here are a few other ideas:
- Add a splash of your favorite 100% fruit juice to carbonated water
- Add grapes with a hole pierced in each one to water let sit for a few hours, especially in the sun to "steep"
- Add blueberries with a hole pierced in each one, or muddle them at the bottom with a fork for a drink full of anti-oxidants
- Add chopped strawberries and blueberries to water and let steep for a couple hours to over night for a refreshing July 4th Drink!
- Combine all of the above for something super delicious!
But, wait, you don't want to actually drink it and have the fruit get in your way?! Well, this won't solve your problem now but if you head on over to Food For Your Cell and enter the giveaway I am co-hosting there! One of the prizes is a water pitcher with a steeping vent so you don't have to have the veggies just floating around in your water if you don't want!
Here are the deets straight from Food For Your Cell: