Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday/WOD's #8

Wow! Last week was a doozey! With the terrible weather and the last week of school we were so busy here I wasn't able to post! But, school's out so things are a bit more relaxed finally! This past week we've eaten out a bit more than usual because we are about ready to go on vacation and quite frankly I am tired of cooking. I cooked all fall, winter, and spring since it rained so much...the weather is nice and frankly I am 100% over it lol I'm ready to go home and let my Mommy cook for me for a while. ;)

Speaking of vacation and eating out this is an important time to make sure we are all getting enough water! I have tons of recipes for making your water a little more spunky here. and here. Also, I am over at Food For Your Cell co-hosting an amazing give away! Go check it out, enter, and link up!!!

But...here is a small selection of what I've had over the last week...

Canada day breakfast of oatmeal with caramelized banana, coconut manna, peanut butter, bee pollen, and chia seeds. 
Sunday's breakfast an egg white muffin.
Fried banana and a cheese roll from the local Brazilian steakhouse.

Mini apple turn overs I made for the kiddo and her friends after a sleepover last Friday.

Leftovers from our Anniversary dinner last Wednesday...pizza and spaghetti-total carb fest (thank goodness I did some running that day ;))

Super Power Chia Bread from Oh She Glows. This was a delicious recipe!

That is a small selection of what I've been eating. Looks nummy right?! Some of it I actually haven't been eating, just making for others. But, I have been countering all this yummy food with some great workouts...here's what I've done since last Wednesday

Thursday the 27th: 3 mile walk & a treadmill workout: 5 minute warm up on 3.5 at incline of 2 then up to incline of 8 at 4.0mph for three minutes then up to incline of 12 at 4.0 for 2 minutes, back down to 8 then up to 12 again repeated 5 times. It's a fantastic workout and mimic's my favorite climb here called the grouse grind pretty well! 

Friday: 3 mile run, 50 burpee's and jump squats, then about a 2 mile walk between walking to have lunch with the hubs and running errands.

Saturday: I took the day off. We had kind of a strange Saturday and working out just never really happened. I did eat really well that day and we did a ton of walking during all our shopping and just generally enjoying the weather so I don't feel too bad. ;)

Sunday: Yoga at Lulu Lemon. Fantastic workout (I'm still a bit sore as I type this), plus we did a bunch of walking!

Monday: 3 mile walk/run with the teenager plus a circuit of 3 sets of 15 burpee jump squats, moving oblique squats and various other standing ab exercises. The plank and squat challenge I'm doing and tons of walking to the beach, fireworks, etc.

Tuesday: 2 mile run, along with Booty Time from Rockin' Body by Shaun T. Day 2 of the plank and squat challenge.

Today: Planning on a 4 mile run, hard core abs from Rockin' Body by Shaun T, and day 3 of the plank and squat challenge.
Have gotten lots of working out done and feeling great about it, especially now that the weather has perked up here in Vancouver! I am struggling with the end of the week coming up for my workouts as Friday we are traveling the whole day so it may require a 4:30am wake up call to get that workout in...not fun but at least I may sleep on the plane that way! ;)

So, what was your favourite meal this week? How about your favourite workout?

By the way, go check out the party over here:








No comments:

Post a Comment