Monday, April 20, 2015

Menu Plan Monday #14

So, lately I have really enjoyed the Sunday to Sunday planning. I find I am actually prepping a lot more and when Monday Morning rolls around I actually have food to pack lunches so we are starting off on the right foot, it is great!

























This weekend was a lazy one, the calm before the storm if you will. 

Saturday it was gorgeous and the kiddo needed to get a birthday present so we took a nice long bike ride to enjoy the weather and keep our travel costs low! 


















Then our friend came over to do some professional portraits for the husband. We wound up taking a bike ride through the forest and having a meal together. It was a wonderful day!

Sunday the hubster and I mostly relaxed. Aside from a trip to the grocery store we mostly cuddled on the couch and watched Episodes I and II of Star Wars. 

I really love these calmer weekends, especially when your husband has worked basically three weeks in a row. Next weekend will be the kicker....can't wait to fill y'all in on that! If you follow on Instagram you can follow along to all our shenanigans :) As a preview I will just say there will be tulips, a fantasy fayre, and the huge King's Day celebration! This.Will.Be.Epic!

Goals
Last week, I was fairly unproductive so besides keeping off the added sugar and processed foods I didn't accomplish anything really (haha) so nothing to report there...this week:
  • Seriously, finish our freaking itineraries. Vacation is NEXT WEEK! and I have no solid plans, I'm not making a walking path this time but I do want to have names of places we should see and the history of each marked on my phone or iPad so we can read up on them on the train ride.
  • Keep at the tougher workouts, been feeling really good so want to keep working hard.
  • Keep eating well..again, I am feeling amazing. I've been keeping a higher good fats and higher protein diet and am feeling really great!
  • Finish my Hawaiian scrapbooking. It really, really, really needs to get done so I can move on to our move! 
Workout Schedule
I stuck to my schedule pretty good last week, let one extra rest day creep in on Thursday and Friday I only did half my workout. This week will be stronger though...
  • Sunday: Rest, I was tired, we did a mild errand bike ride and took a walk
  • Monday: 3 mile run and PIYO
  • Tuesday: Long bike ride to try and find some Tulip Fields, yoga
  • Wednesday: 4 mile run with Bootcamp
  • Thursday: Ride to North Amsterdam...rumour has it there could be Tulip fields there too, MMX, Stretching
  • Friday: Double PIYO, walk if it is nice or bike ride to find the baby goats
  • Saturday: 100 Burpee Burnout, sightseeing
Trying to get some really solid workouts in this week as next week will be off and on because of our traveling.


Menu

Breakfast
Sunday: Egg and cheese crescents with strawberries and kiwi 
Monday: Açai bowls with egg whites or oatmeal with egg whites
Tuesday: Same as Sunday
Wednesday: late start so will make a big breakfast: omelettes stuffed with veggies and cheese with cinnamon raisin toast and blood orange slices
Thursday: same as Monday 
Friday: banana, blood orange, and coconut fruit bowl with toasted cinnamon almonds
Saturday: sightseeing big breakfast before we leave: same as Wednesday

Lunch
Sunday: snack: bread and butter, smoked meat, fruit
Each day hubby takes two hard boiled eggs, nuts, cold cuts, cheese, and every once in a while a slice of bread. He gets fresh fruit provided by work. Once per week he does eat out.
Kiddo: 
M-W: tomato and cheese panini with Apple slices, and nuts
Tuesday-Th: leftovers 
Me: 
M-W: No pasta salad with half panini
T-Th: Leftovers
Friday: fried egg tostadas with a side salad
Saturday: sightseeing we will have a late lunch/ early dinner out

Dinner 
Sunday: Tacos/taco salad
Monday: Triple lentil stew with salad
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with carrots and rice
Wednesday: Triple lentil quesadillas (chicken and cheese for hubby if he is here) with peppers and leeks
Thursday: Breakfast for dinner
Friday: Burgers/veggie burgers (will be made with leftover triple lentil filling, peppers, and leeks) with broccoli, corn, and leftover rice
Saturday: late lunch/early dinner out, will snack In the evening if hungry

This week I am on a pilgrimage for Tulip fields near Amsterdam. I know there has to be some so our meals are going to be super simple and utilize as many leftovers as possible so there isn't any food to get stinky while we are gone. I will be making some meals to freeze for hubby so he isn't eating out. Here is some of what I will be making and freezing:
Rotisserie chicken and rice
Burgers with twice baked potato
Taco filling (made Sunday night, already in the freezer) with cheese and corn
I'm sure he will eat out one night, but this at least provides him options

Snacks
Homemade cinnamon raisin bread
Apple slices with peanut butter
Soaked and toasted almonds
Hard boiled eggs
Homemade bounty bars

So, I think that covers us for the week. What are you up to? Are your kids almost out of school?

P.S. I'm linking up with Mommy Run Fast, Jill Conyers, and I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment: