Saturday, April 11, 2015

Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


Whew! Fell a little bit behind, but I am back! Today, I bring you some super fun to make extra use of that George Foreman grill you have lying around. I know you have one...we had one since the day we got married in 1999 and still have one living in Holland, so I know you have one. But, did you know you can use it for more than just grilling meat?! I came up with this idea when I saw a "panini" maker advertised in a catalog on Christmas...I was living in a small apartment and really wanted one, but was so tired of buying new gadgets! So, I thought to myself, hey, these look an awful lot a like, so I gave it a go and it worked famously...we now call the grill the panini maker half the time. This is one of our favorite things to make in the grill.

This amazingly delicious grilled peanut butter and banana panini. It is a delicious treat, in all its peanut buttery, honey, glory. 

Here is what you will need for one sandwich...

  • 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 banana
Here's what you do...
  1. Spread some peanut butter on one piece of your cinnamon raisin bread (you can put some on both pieces if you are a peanut butter nut like me hehe, but be careful it is high in calories as good as it is for you ;))
  2. Slice up half that banana and put it on top of the peanut butter.
  3. Drizzle a bit of honey on top.
  4. Top with second slice of bread.
  5. Put in the George Foreman grill and put the lid down. I let mine toast for about 10 minutes, but keep an eye out as yours may be at a hotter temperature than mine. 

This is probably the teeanger's new favorite thing for breakfast...what is your favorite thing to make for breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. Hello there.
    I don't have a GF grill, but I like to put my peanut butter, banana and cheese sandwich in the oven at 400 degrees just until the cheese starts to melt. It's delicious!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete