Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for Creating a Coffee Center!


Coffee...it is practically essential to life! Who agrees?!


I did used to be a barista, sometimes I break out my skillz ;)

After moving to Europe I have an even greater appreciation for coffee. Coffee here is very good, so since I was lucky enough to have a Nespresso Coffee Machine in my house I decided to create a whole coffee center. This has worked out really well when guests come because they don't have to guess where everything is!

As you can see I have the coffee machine (if you don't have one of these seriously look into it, they are the best, and Nespresso makes the tastiest coffee!)

Next to it I have my milk frother and warmer. I don't use the frother that came with the machine because, honestly, it is a pain and this one is more self-explanatory for the guests.

The three-tiered shelf is a gem I found at HEMA just after we moved here...on clearance from Eater for €5! Score! Since there is a bolt on the bottom I put one of my awesome placemats from Ikea under it.

I stocked the shelves with mugs on the bottom.

The middle has coffee capsules-I try to put out a small selection of everything we have-and two types of sugar: regular sugar and coconut palm sugar. 

The top shelf holds a no calorie sweetner, chocolate and cinnamon shakers, and little stirring spoons.

Next to the shelf I do keep straws since the kiddo drinks iced coffee, but we just ran out!



This is a really great way to display your coffee center and when coupled with the Breakfast Center I posted yesterday shows great hospitality to your guests so they can feel more independent and at home in your home!

6 comments:

  1. Coffee makes life possible--well, bearable. I put a French Roast K-cup into my Keurig machine, and my day begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee makes life possible--well, bearable. I put a French Roast K-cup into my Keurig machine, and my day begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. Guess I'll do some more spring cleaning/organizing when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really love spring cleaning, makes everything so fresh and new!

      Delete
  4. I'm sitting here now enjoying my coffee as I write this. Coffee is essential for me too. Your coffee center is wonderful. It is helpful to have everything in one place.

    ReplyDelete