Tuesday, April 7, 2015

E is for...Earring Holder

So this earring holder is a cute and quick little DIY....

It came about because {as you all know} we are trying to not accumulate "stuff". When we moved to Europe almost a year ago we paired down our household belongings to 4 boxes I mailed to my mother, 6 large suitcases and three carry-ons. So far, we are doing pretty darn good!

Well, since moving here and biking everywhere my husband and I have a few pairs of jeans that have..uh...well, become crotchless. Obviously unable to wear these anymore I decided to recycle them. So, they sat in my craft area for weeks. and weeks. and a few more weeks. Finally I said let me do something with these or they are getting tossed.

After himming and hawing and searching Pinterest for ideas I noticed my kiddo's earrings are everywhere! Like seriously-everywhere!

So, I decided a quick and easy little earring holder was needed and this is what I came up with:

Supplies:



  • Old jeans or whatever fabric you want to use
  • Medium embroidery hoop {I used a wooden one}
  • Pencil or pen for tracing the hoop
  • Hook for hanging
  • Optional: Washi tape 
  1. Turning your jeans inside out and using a washable marker, a pencil, pen or chalk trace the embroidery hoop. You will use this only as a guide as you will want to make your fabric circle 2-3 centimeters larger. My hoops came with three varying sizes so I used the larger hoop to trace. 

  2. Cut your circle out and place it between the hoops and tighten the hoop to desired taught-ness.
    3. As you can see there is quite a bit of material hanging over so I just trimmed that down a bit. 
    4. I then trimmed the side with some washi tape to give it a more finished look. 
    5. Add the earrings and hang it up!




    This is a super fast and fun craft that uses things you may already have around the house!


3 comments:

  1. That is super easy! Even I could do it. I just wish I had the time!!! The things I would do if I just had that! Thanks for sharing. Pinning!

    Young Love Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I love crafts that I can complete in one day (or less!)!
    Shelly from A to Z Blogging at www.nebraskafamilytimes.blogspot.com and www.achristianmomsguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant! I'm going to implement this, like, today :D Thanks!
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete