Thursday, May 16, 2013

Recipes Galore!

So, Thursday's I never quite know just what to post so I figured I have quite a few recipes I wanted to share so what better day than today?! Hopefully you'll see something that you want to try!!

Sweet Green Smoothie
Makes one generous single serving
8 oz unsweetened almond milk
1 Fuji apple (cored & chopped)
1/2 a banana (preferably frozen)
one large handful of spinach (I take fresh spinach & freeze it as soon as I bring it home from the store & it's been washed & dried)
1 Tablespoon Flaxmeal
Combine all in blender & blend on high until combined. If you want it thicker feel free to add some ice although it may water it down. I blended mine for roughly 3 minutes, I have just a regular old, less than $100 blender...nothing fancy ;)

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
Makes one generous single serving
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/3 Cup Raw Regular Oats
1 Cup of Strawberries preferably with tops*
1 Tablespoon Flaxmeal
I packet Stevia
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

*My strawberries I washed and froze with tops on as soon as I got home from the grocery store. I've recently learned the tops are very high in fiber so I use them as much as possible.

Now, combine all ingredients in blender. Blend for 3-5 minutes. Enjoy this super thick delicious shake!

Decadent Fruit Dip
Makes one snack size portion
1 Tablespoon Nutella
1 Tablespoon Almond butter
Various fruits

Chop fruits you want to use and arrange on plate. In a small bowl combine nutella and almond butter. Enjoy!
Variation: Combine with mini marshmallows for a "s'mores" dip.
Variation: To make a larger size of this dip for a party just combine nutella and almond butter in a 1:1 ration. Other nut butters could be subbed, but I haven't tried them.

Protein Packed Fruit Dip
Yields two single serving dips
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (divided)
4 Tablespoons almond butter (divided)
1 Granny Smith Apple
2 teaspoons maple syrup (divided)
*Note I don't really know how much protein this has in it but it has high protein Greek yogurt & high protein almond butter so I'd assume it's a decent amount.

First, chop apple into small slivers so a little goes a long way. Divide among two small containers. Next place  1/4 cup of yogurt into two small dipping containers similar to those pictured above. Then, place two tablespoons of almond butter over quarter cup of yogurt & top each with a teaspoon of maple syrup. You can go ahead & mix them together or do it when you go to eat it. I do it when I eat it so I can lick the spoon. :P
Popcorn
Feeds two adults
1/3 cup of plain bulk popcorn kernels
Olive oil or melted coconut oil
Nature's Seasons (or your favorite seasoning)
Fresh Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Paper bag & scotch tape

Ok, take the paper bag, open it & dump in 1/3 cup of the popcorn kernels (or if you want a single serving 2 tablespoons). Then, fold the bag over twice & tape down with the scotch tape. Pop as you would regular convenience popcorn in a bag carefully listening for when its done so you don't burn it. When done pour into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil or coconut oil. Top with your favorite seasoning & some shredded mozzarella. Then, stir it up & drizzle with a big more olive or coconut oil and sprinkle with some more seasoning and cheese. Stir it up again and eat!
Variations: There are countless variations here & I can't wait to try different combos. Try adding some chopped pepperoni/bacon or both for a "pizza" effect, some cinnamon sugar for a kettle corn flavor, some chocolate chips or m&ms & peanuts for a trail mix idea.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my recipes! I hope you decide to give them a try!!!
(Especially the smoothies & popcorn...amazing!)




No comments:

Post a Comment