Friday, May 24, 2013

Adults only weekend!


Today is FRIDAY!!! Glorious, glorious FRIDAY!

This weekend is parent’s weekend! The kiddo is off with her Girl Guide unit hanging out in fabulous Victoria getting to see a castle! Yes, I am a little green with envy, but we’ll go this summer when her little girlfriend from Florida comes to visit so she can be our tour guide! Any whoodles, this is what our weekend is shaping up to look like:

Friday a little bit of this:

(IMG Credit)
(IMG Credit)
We will be inviting friends over & we will stay up way too late being ridiculous & playing this super fun game.


Saturday we are planning on this
Img Credit


Rumour has is there is an adult beverage tasting area so I am hoping to find some great new places around town for a good drink! First I have to squeeze in some Insanity, and I’m trying this breakfast pizza with a nice light homemade crust. After, if we have any room we are planning on hitting up my favourite Mongolian BBQ hole in the wall then maybe try the green tea parfaits at the Bon Crepe next door… I've been dying to try them for so long! Then, I am not quite sure what the evening will bring. We may be just ready to crash and watch a movie or catch up on some DVR. We haven't had much time this week for TV so that may be the time....

Sunday our not-so-little munchkin comes home. So I’ll go to yoga early at Lulu Lemon and then make hubs & I some egg white omelets & toast. Then, we’ll cook up a big ole’ family dinner of Spaghetti and Salad and maybe enjoy a walk together in the park if it’s nice or play in the pool. For me on Sunday, though, I will cook this separate to try. I've never tried the spaghetti squash in the crock but I’m hoping it’ll be amazing! I'll come back with a review for sure!

For dinner tonight, before our friends come over I am planning on surprising my lover with a candlelight dinner. I’m making pork chops and corn on the cob. The cob corns are HUGE! So, those will be our veggie/carb. So, without further ado…here is the pork chop recipe:

Stuffed Pork Chops
Serves 3
  • 3 pork chops (bone in or boneless, but thick enough to cut a pocket into)
  • Nature’s seasoning (or your favourite all purpose seasoning)
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Mozzarella Cheese (1/2-1 cup)
  • Spaghetti sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 176C (350F). Then, with a sharp knife cut a pocket in the side of each pork chop. Season liberally inside & out with the all-purpose seasoning, we prefer Nature's Seasoning. Next, in a small bowl Combine about a 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese with a 1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese. Stuff this into the pocket you created in the pork chops. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until almost done. Then, add spaghetti sauce over the top & top with extra mozzarella. Cook for another 10 minutes or so, until the chops are cooked through & the sauce & cheese are nice & bubbly. Now, if you are looking to make this slightly healthier I normally serve the sauce on the side with no extra cheese as the stuff in the middle tends to be enough. Then, we just dip the chops in the sauce if we feel like it. :)

Corn on the Cob

This is my favourite way to cook the corn on the cob. Bring a big pot of water to a boil. You can throw some salt in if you want, I don't. After it's at a rolling boil gently add the cobs & boil for 9-12 minutes depending on size. Take them out & add butter or coconut oil & season lightly with garlic powder. 

I hope everyone has a safe & fun weekend! For those in the states enjoy your holiday!!! Ours was last weekend with Victoria Day and it was quite enjoyable! 

What is your favourite holiday weekend activity? Mine, during the spring/summer is getting outside and enjoying the sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment