Sunday, September 28, 2014

Menu Plan Monday-Week 55, +my evening routine!

Last week I told you all about my morning routine, this week I want to share with you my evening routine.

The night time is vital to keeping my home clean, organized, and keeps the morning from being too hectic.

Evening Routine
  • After dinner: pack leftovers away, make sure all dishes are loaded in to the dishwasher, pots and pans are hand washed, dried, and put away.
  • Pack lunches and snacks, layout breakfast items for the morning.
  • Take trash out.
  • Wipe out sink.
  • Wipe down all counters and cabinets.
  • Vacuum/sweep/mop as needed.
  • After dessert: put dessert dishes in dishwasher and start.
  • Make sure all laundry has been folded and put away.
  • Everyone lays out their clothes for the next day.
This routine doesn't take an extremely long time to do, especially if you enlist the help of others. Even small children can help with tasks like wiping down the counters and cabinets, doing dishes, etc. My kiddo started scraping plates at 3 and was doing dishes by 6. So, as a mama or a daddy don't take on all the burden by yourself! 

I can't imagine my morning without this routine. I sleep so much better when I know everything is nice and clean and ready for the morning!

visit org junkie to party with the rest of us!
Breakfast Options:
Begin each day with Morning Lemon tea with lemon, honey, and cinnamon
Kiddo: oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, french toast casserole
Me: MWF: Big Ass Pancake topped with healthy fried apples, T/Th: Raw Buckwheat Porridge with banana and berries
Saturday: Eggs, toast, sausage
Sunday: Clean blueberry muffin tops with banana slices and faux fried apples

Meal prep: make individual oatmeal packets, the rest is in the freezer already; make 3 pancakes and a big batch of apples fried in coconut oil and cinnamon, prepare porridge and make parfaits. Make muffin tops and freeze at some point during the week.

Lunch Options:
Kiddo: Ham and Cheese Wrap with apple and chips, Th/Th: Sandwich kebabs with grapes and bread and butter
Me: Simple Healthy Chili with baked sweet potato(mwf), & zucchini pancakes
Saturday: Grilled cheese with apple slices
Sunday: Snack on nuts, cheeses, breads

Meal Prep: Make tortillas, and prep wraps, make kebabs and divide up grapes; make chili and bake sweet potatoes and zucchini pancakes

Dinner:
Monday: Omelets with toast or potato and broccoli
Tuesday: Taco salads
Wednesday: Glazed chicken with brown rice/zucchini pancakes and broccoli
Thursday: Teriyaki beef with homemade fries (regular and sweet potato) and veggies
Friday: Hamburgers/Spinach Burgers with brown rice and sugar snap peas
Saturday: Smothered chicken breasts with baked potatoes and 
Sunday: Treat day/Football day: Homemade pizza and chicken wings with leftover veggies and starch

Meal Prep: Most all my dinners are made fresh. I stay home and have that luxury. Plus, I recently learned if you marinate meat for too long it can break down the protein in it.

Snacks:
Kiddo: Fall trail mix, granola bars, fruit, hard boiled eggs, clean no bake cookies, 
Me: Hard boiled eggs and fruit, super food smoothie, chocolate covered banana slices, garlic Parmesan Chickpeas

Meal Prep: Make trail mix, and granola bars, cut up and divide fruit, boil eggs, make banana slices (cut bananas and dip in a mixture of cacao powder and coconut oil), soak and boil chickpeas and bake.

End each day with Sleepytime or Chamomile Tea with honey and cinnamon

I have it planned to cook each day this week as we will be in Rome next weekend and want to make sure I keep our eating in check...as I have a feeling Italy won't be nice to my abs ;)

So, what are you cooking up this week? Any new recipes I should try, leave me a link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment