Sunday, September 21, 2014

Menu Plan Monday #54 +a peek at my morning routine

Happy Monday y'all! So, I have been riding my bike so much more lately and this is how I feel whenever I pass someone:



hahaha Yup, I'm all like:

Credit
I even hear the music and cackling in my head...when I told the teenager about that the first time I thought she'd fall off her bike. All in good fun though. Riding the bike for errands makes them doubly fun, though!


Routine

A few months back, I wrote a blog about my routines. Well, since moving I have adjusted my morning routine a bit to fit our new life! I no longer keep my check marks on my iPad, I have switched over to a written planner as I prefer that. So, here is a peek at my routine:

  • 6:45, pop out of bed and get dressed, I usually dress in workout clothes so after everyone is gone I can immediately workout, but some days I dress regularly if I have a meeting at the school or with a friend.
  • Next, one of the first things I do is brush my teeth. I was told by my dentist a while back that whatever saliva is produced first thing in the morning can really damage your enamel making you more prone to cavities so I take care of that immediately, if I have a meeting I do my make up and hair during this time too. Otherwise I pin it back and throw in a headband to get ready for my workouts.
  • By 7:15 while the Nespresso machine is heating up I unload the dishwasher and take out the lunch items for the teenager to throw in her backpack and if she is lucky I refill her water bottle for her ;) I also throw in a load of laundry.
  • When she finishes her make up and hair we sit down together and have coffee and breakfast, usually by 7:30 am, when we are done we each throw our dishes in the dishwasher.
  • 7:45 I see the teenager out the door, then spend the next 30-45 minutes doing blog maintenance, checking social media, and applying for jobs.
  • 8:30 hubby gets up for work and I get him breakfast (which usually consists of juice, tough job I know lol), then he gets in the shower and I see him out the door.
  • 9:15 Workout, then shower and get dressed. 
    • Mondays: 9:15 I go to the grocery store, then come home and unload groceries, start my meal prep, and then I clean all the bathrooms. Workout starts about 1:15 pm this day.
My mornings are really full but super productive. I find that making sure I get the dishwasher unloaded and a load of laundry in my laundry is {almost} never over flowing and the dishes never build up.

I'm linking up over at Org Junkie, come check out the other menus!
Now, for the meal plan! I have been making sure that Sunday night and/or Monday mornings I get my meal prep done. I find this is vital to me making proper choices in my nutrition and me having food to pack the kiddo for lunch.

Breakfast Options:
Cereal
Toast with coconut oil and pb or nutella
Fruit
Oatmeal

Lunch Options:
Teenager: Leftovers, Ham and Cheese Sandwich with cucumbers and fruit-X2, one day she will come home for lunch, PB and banana wrap with apple slices and cranberries-X2
Snacks: Apple Pie Spiced Trail mix and orange X2, hard boiled egg and steamed sweet potato X3

Me: Creamy Caprese Quinoa Bake (I will make a few substitutions in the recipe), day kiddo comes home for lunch: Veggie loaded ramen, one day I am scheduled to have lunch out with a friend
Snacks:Almond-banana-cacao smoothie, orange-banana smoothie, cucumber-tomato salad

Afternoon Snacks
After school the kiddo and I love to have coffee and something sweet, I am going to make these Healthy No Bake Cookies or we will have some homemade bread with Nutella.

Dinner
Tuesday: Chicken and cheese crescent rolls with salad 
Wednesday: Baked spaghetti with salad
Thursday: Cheese panini's with soup
Friday: Pizza with salad (the kiddo has a friend sleeping over so I will probably have them make this it is so simple)
Saturday: Chicken Wings with macaroni and cheese and peas
Sunday: Homemade hamburger helper and salad and garlic rolls

What are you cooking up this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment