Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine's Heart Garland!



Hello! Happy Friday!

So, I was supposed to have this blog post up yesterday, but then life happened and I spent some good quality time with the hubster so ya know, it had to wait. But, it was well worth it! I have a super fun and easy post today!!! This will take at max 90 minutes of your time!

I thought I originally saw this on Pinterest, but I can't find it now. I have been reading so many craft books lately though that it is very well possible I saw it in one of those. Who knows...it sure is fun and cute though, so read on!

Valentine's Heart Garland
That is half of the finished product-mountains not included ;)

Here is what you need:
-3 sheets of 12X12 paper: one red, one white, and one pink
-paper trimmer
-stapler & staples


First cut all of the sheets so they are about a 1/2 inch wide. I honestly didn't measure mine..I just cut one and then used that as a template & marked off all the other ones using that. Then I cut them using my straight edge trimmer. Once you have all of those cut fold them in half and cut again. That way for each 12" X 1/2" piece you can make one total heart.

Next, lay those two pieces on top of each other.

Using the top two knuckles of your thumb which equal about one inch, measure up...

Then mark it and staple it!

Then separate the two pieces and bring them around so they form a heart like above. But, do not staple them yet...

Put your next two pieces around the bottom and then staple!

So now it looks like this...it is an excited heart! Bring those two white pieces around and then attach your next two pieces and staple again. After awhile your garland will start to look like this...


Then, when it is all done you will have a lot of it so it will look like this....



Pretty fun, right?!

Then, using ribbon-I chose red sparkly ribbon-attach it to each end and hang where you want it to be displayed if need be add a piece in the middle like this:


Then, you will have a nice pretty garland like I do! 


Only it is super hard to see in the picture because it was such a gorgeous day when I took these! Can't complain about that!

Here are a couple more close up's of the finished product:



Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? 








6 comments:

  1. That's really cute! Thanks for linking up with the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Tammy! Thank you so much! Thank you for hosting the linky I love seeing everyone's projects and finding new inspiration! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up with us at the MaMade Blog Hop! This is such a cute and easy idea! It looks great hanging up! Don't forget to stop back and link up again next week and see if you're featured! :) Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I know my girls would love to create this chain. It's also a great craft for the classroom. #ThrowbackThursdaylinkup

    ReplyDelete