Monday, January 6, 2014

Menu plan Monday #33 + a weekend recap, of course!

Happy Monday! I hope those of you who suffering from nearly insufferable weather are faring ok! I know it is pretty darn cold out there for many of you so stay warm...here's a couple of fun jokes to get you through...



As for us we have had a shockingly mild winter! I can't even believe all the sun we have had. This time last year I was taking a Vitamin D supplement everyday, suffering from a hip issue caused by Vitamin D deficiency, and hadn't seen the snow since October 15th! Much different story this winter. I am a happy, happy gal!

That being said, since the weather was so nice we were able to get out a little this weekend since I was finally feeling better. We did two New Restaurant days (Friday & Saturday). The first was just to the new Five Guys they built. Of course we've been to Five Guys but it had been so long & all 3 of us really wanted a burger so off we went. I didn't take any pictures because we were all so hungry that I forgot! But, it was really good. It is on Robson St in Vancouver past Granville. Definitely recommend visiting if you want a good basic burger when you are here in Vancouver, those can be difficult to find.

Our second was impromptu...we didn't realize we would be going out, but were glad we did as the place we went was decent.

The inside was really nice. It is supposed to be like a classic English pub. They did serve traditional English dishes but we aren't too keen on those so we got some poutine which wasn't too salty so that is a first! Hubby loved it. Hubby had a jerk chicken burger. He said it was pretty bland, not much jerk flavour at all. I had the salmon...it too sadly was bland. But the broccoli & sweet potato fries were great! Lastly the drinks were phenomenal as they should be at a pub so all was right with the world in the end. We would definitely go back for drinks and appetizers, though!

The rest of the weekend looked like this:
Working on my new Beachbody Business

Worked on my #1 goal of flossing every day!

Worked toward my goal of better nutrition by having my Shakeology while helping my daughter clean out & organize her room (thus working on another goal toward a tidier home)

Finally, did a little shopping & bought these super cute workout shirts...I love the pink one it says "anything can happen". Yes, yes it can so long as you work hard enough! 

But, enough about us...on to the menu for the week!

Now, in my house since I have recently taken the step to becoming a beach body coach all of us have decided to take the beach body challenge and see where we can get ourselves so our menu is going to be full of whole foods and lot of healthy goodness to fuel our bodies for P90X3!
Monday
Breakfast: Waffles & eggs
Lunch: Shakeology
Dinner: Homemade Hamburger Helper with zucchini & corn & whole wheat pasta!

Tuesday
Breakfast: Paleo Pancakes and egg whites
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Chicken breasts with rice & veggies

Wednesday
Breakfast: Paleo pancakes & egg whites
Lunch:  Sandwiches loaded with veggies; the husband will probably want a break & will eat out
Dinner: Crockpot beef tacos with salad & leftover rice (make it dirty rice to go in the tacos)

Thursday
Breakfast: Egg sandwiches with fruit salad and 
Lunch: Sandwiches and salad
Dinner: Lean pizza burgers with salad

Friday
Breakfast: Paleo Pancakes and egg whites
Lunch:  Tuna Salad/chicken breast & cucumbers for the husband
Dinner: Homemade calzones & salad

Saturday
Breakfast: Blueberry muffins, bacon, and fruit
Lunch: Snacks for cheer competition
Dinner:  Eat out....will be out of town at Cheer competition

Sunday
Breakfast: Blueberry muffins and fruit
Lunch: Big thick shakeology shakes
Dinner: Potatoes with bbq chicken legs and veggies

Snacks: Shakeology, nut thins & hummus or cheese, popcorn, peanuts & raisins

So, that is it for us for the week! I can't believe how late I am getting this thing posted...whew! I hope you all have a great week! Leave me a comment or two letting me know what you have planned to make for the week! Anyone out there trying a new recipe or two?






No comments:

Post a Comment