Tuesday, November 11, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday +week in review of workouts



Finally feeling like I am back on track with my fitness 100%. For me fitness encompasses good nutrition and exercise. I sucked at the nutrition part these last couple years. My sweet tooth gets the better of me and I often give in and that really prohibits my results. But, these last few weeks I have really listened to my body and am doing so much better. Plus, I am feeling more energetic over all and am feeling more confident in my own skin and that is always what matters most!

So, my workouts this last week have looked like this:

I restarted Insanity so that is the schedule I am following. I didn't do the fit test so I had an extra rest day, plus I slightly injured my knee so I took another rest day...but it is feeling drained and 100% better so this week it's on!

Last Wednesday: Cardio recovery and a bike ride
Thursday: Short bike ride, and rest. My knee was killing me.
Friday: Pure Cardio, plus a walk, and a bike ride
Saturday: Resting the knee, took a nice walk all around downtown enjoying the sun and shopping ;)
Sunday: Rest...stretching and foam rolling
Monday: Cardio power and resistance, walk through the park
Tuesday: Pure Cardio
Wednesday: Plyometric cardio circuit, 1 mile run

I've really enjoyed my workouts, but I forget how much protein I need to get me through! So I've really picked up my game and have been making sure to have lots of my good fats, tons of veggies, and lots of lean protein like chicken and tuna.

So, here are the meals I ate Monday....


Morning coffee but of course! Since it was a cloudy Monday I decided I needed some extra sparkle in my life so I whipped out my Union Jack Mug ;) I also had a banana and water as my morning "snack"

My post workout breakfast. Scrambled eggs with avocado, tomato, leeks, and onion and a steam sweet potato with peanut butter...I actually wasn't hungry for hours after this.

3:30 snack, not pictured was a healthy no bake cookie...these are so great make with natural pb, local honey, coconut oil, gf oats, and raw cacao powder and a cup of vanilla tea

Dinner was so great. The kiddo and I inhaled it. We still have just a little leftover...not much though.
Green beans, one small potato, one medium sweet potato, eggplant, onion, garlic, and yellow pepper. I simmered it in some tomato puree. I used up all the veggies I had hanging around in the fridge and freezer. It was ridiculously delicious. 

Now, to put in a random meal from Tuesday: DESSERT!

These are olliebollen...well, the one on the left is; the one on the right started with a K, I can't remember the name but it is the olliebollen but stuffed with cream! They are so amazing and apparently only come out here in the Netherlands at Christmas time (although I hear there is a cart of them at Wailabi World year round)...but, we got these treats because here in the Netherlands Tuesday was Sint Maarten....this is a holiday similar to Halloween, but the children make lanterns and sing songs as they go door to door. We went to the Vondelpark to watch the parade they do where the local children can join in with their lanterns. It was quite adorable. So, since the kiddo didn't get to do any trick or treating on our way home we stopped by a cart and picked these up. We cut them into thirds so we all got a little taste. Trust me...it was more than enough, but they are really good! They are almost like a fried pancake. A favorite treat for sure!

That's it for What I Ate Wednesday...what have you eaten lately?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm that dinner looks absolutely fantastic. I am a big green bean fan. What seasonings did you use besides salt & pepper? Was that it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, looks delicious! That scramble sounds great, and I am super intrigued by sweet potato with peanut butter - I would not have thought of that but I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete