Monday, November 3, 2014

Tassel Keepsake Ornament



Folks, we are into November!!! Can you even believe that?! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. I want some of it back!

What do you mean I can't get it back?! That is so not fair!

Anyway, seriously, I can't believe we are heading down that Christmas path! For many of y'all you are still trying to get through Thanksgiving, but we don't have Thanksgiving where we live so we are sailing right in to Christmas...so therefore I am bringing you a Tassel Keepsake Ornament!

I came across a picture of one one day on Pinterest and thought it would be a great way to get some of our keepsakes out of the boxes!

This is how I did it:

Supplies:

  • One large glass or plastic ornament
  • One tassel
  • Scissors
  • Glue
Procedure:
  • Take lid off ornament. 
  • Put tassel in and cut the strings apart.
  • Take the medal part out of the top of the ornament and thread the strings through the two holes. 
  • Line the lid with a small bit of glue and fit back over the top of the ornament and let dry.
  • Tie the strings together and hang on your Christmas tree or find an ornament hanger to display it year round!
This gives you an idea of how to thread the strings through and tie them off.

Makes for an excellent hanger without having to add any extra ribbon!

I wrote my husbands name on the front and the university he Graduated from.


This makes for such a wonderful keepsake and brings back great memories every time we take it out of the box and put it on the tree!

Linking up at A Pinch of Joy

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I try to get a special ornament for my kids each year, and I love the idea of repurposing a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete