Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Organization: Deep Clean: Entry, Laundry Room, Porch


Last week on my Deep Cleaning Schedule was the Bedrooms. This week on my cleaning schedule, since it is the first week of the month I am focusing on three small areas of my home: the entry, laundry room, and porch.

I can focus on all three of these areas at once because in my home they are small areas. 



  • Dust ceiling corners: Using a broom with micro-fiber cloth wrapped around it and secured with a rubber band sweep around the top edge of the ceiling and get any cobwebs and dust that have accumulated the last month in all three areas.
  • Wipe the baseboards: With a damp cloth wipe along the base boards. If there are any black marks use a magic eraser to get them off, paint over any scuffs or chips.
  • Dust light fixtures
  • Laundry room: clean lint traps, use vacuum if needed, wash reusable bags getting rid of old ones, stock up on any needed laundry supplies
  • Porch: Wipe down furniture and dust railing, sweep.
  • Foyer: Wipe down door, change wreath, wipe down door frame.
I love when I have these three areas all cleaned up and shined for the month. It makes it easy to have guests over and do my laundry in a tidy space. 


See the others in this series:
Weekly Power Hour
Morning & Evening Routine
Deep Cleaning: Bedrooms



1 comment:

  1. Will you come to my house to clean? Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday LInky Party.

    ReplyDelete