Thursday, March 13, 2014

How to make Granite Cleaner Wipes

I clean-a lot! LOL As you can tell from my Tuesday posts the last few weeks:
Now, for a good majority of these I use just basic cleaning tools like my microfiber cloths. However, when I have to wipe down the counters in my kitchen and bathroom each day I need something with a little disinfecting power.


Now, I've mentioned this before so y'all know I don't use harsh chemical cleaners. They stink, make me cough, and dry out my skin. So, all these factors meant I needed to find a way to make a homemade cleaner that was safe for my granite. Enter: Google & Pinterest!

I found One Thing By Jillee and her great granite cleaner recipe. I decided to take this and turn it into wipes!

Supplies:

Process
  1. I make three different containers of wipes. One for each bathroom and one for the kitchen. Put rags in each container.
  2. In each container measure out 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol.
  3. Add 3-5 drops of Dr. Bronner's (or your choice of dish washing liquid in each container)
  4. 5-15 drops of essential oil depending on how strong you like your scent/what scent you are using.
  5. Add about 1/4-half cup of water to just sort of fill the container.
Essential Oil Variations

  • Lavender-lemon: 5 drops lavender, 5 drops lemon
  • Peppermint 5 drops peppermint
  • Lavender: 15 drops lavender
  • Lemon: 12 drops lemon
  • Sweet orange: 15 drops orange
  • Citrus: 6 drops lemon, 8 drops orange
  • Natural: 7 drops tea tree
  • Orange Lavender: 5 drops orange, 5 drops lavender
That is about the extent of the essential oil scents I use ;) I am hoping to expand my collection soon and come up with more fun ones. The lavender-lemon is my fave!

Do you use homemade cleaning products? What is your favorite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment