Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What I Ate in London

Finally all settled in after a couple weeks of traveling. I love to travel, but nothing beats coming home. If you didn't see my What I Ate in Berlin last week make sure you check it out, along with my 3 days in Berlin post.

But...on to what I ate in London! 

The night we arrived was a total bust. Originally we were due to arrive in London at 18.15, but after a canceled flight and delay due to extreme winds we didn't get in until after 20.00...once we made it to our Air BnB and walked the London Bridge to see tower bridge it was almost 23.00 and everything was closed! We were so sad but luckily our Air BnB hosts offered breakfast so we had some toast and went to sleep. Luckily it was a fairly exhausting day. 

Wednesday, we got up at 7am and hit the ground running. We breakfasted at Leon's near London Place/London Bridge Station. 

It was amazing! You could get coffee (lattes included!) plus breakfast for £3,95...amazing deal and fantastic food quality!


Full English breakfast in a bowl, we are recreating this at home! And the cup isn't lost on me...yes Mocha you are full of sun to start my day off right! 

We walked around for quite some time after this and grabbed lunch right about noon at Pizza Express. It was really delicious and fantastic service. 


They gave us a giant pitcher of tap water (free!) to drink with our ginger beer and wine. Free tap water is a novelty to me now ;)


Our pizzas were delicious! The kiddo got just a regular margarita but I got this amazing pizza with mozzarella, goat cheese, spinach, caramelized onions, and regular red onions. Amazing, I ate all of it but two slices!

After this we headed to the Tower of London. It was still kind of rainy when we arrived and we were cold from being on the bus (as someone decided it would be cool to open a window on a cool, rainy day) so we hopped in to Costa Coffee at Tower Hill for some hot cocoa and dessert.


You could get cocoa with cream and marshmallows here...hello delicious. We couldn't finish the whopper bar.

After 2.5 hours in The Tower we walked Tower Bridge thinking what should we do about dinner. We decided we weren't even close to hungry and since we'd done all the sight seeing we wanted to do we figured getting some wine (for me obvs) and some cola for the kiddo and some gummy candy was in order. We walked around for about 2 hours gathering these goodies then crashed when we got home and just watched tv until we fell asleep. All this traveling has taken its toll I think!

The next morning we got up and wandered to find breakfast. I'd heard of the breakfast club but didn't know where t was located, the one that came up on my phone was too far away for us but after much wandering around London Bridge station my daughter says, "hey mom wants this place that says 'breakfast' on the sign?!" The Gods were smiling on us that day. Best meal I've had in ages.




"What is this?! Harry Potter sauce?!" Our of the mouths of babes.


Caramel latte perfection...perfectly roasted espresso with perfect proportion to caramel sweetener!


Then it got even cuter with this I ❤️BC inside the cup!


I love how the kiddo's hot cocoa came with marshmallows in this adorable monster mug!



Then for actual food: this stack of ham loaded with cheese in between fluffy amazing pancakes topped with real Canadian maple syrup and a fried egg. Fab!
Then for my future kitchen goals:
This adorable fried egg chandelier!
We had a great time and I can't wait to tell you more about our time in London tomorrow!

P.S. I'm linking up with Jenn over at Peas and Crayons for the What I Ate Wednesday party, come on over and check it out! :D

3 comments:

  1. Vacation eats are always so much.


    Thanks for linking up. Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I've never been to Europe but I'd definitely go to the Breakfast Club if I ever went to London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it really should be listed as a "must eat" place in London, I would have been sad if we left without eating there...it is amazing!

      Delete