Thursday, October 9, 2014

Caprese Eggs

Years ago my husband and I took an anniversary trip to Cancun and I had a caprese salad. It was amazing...tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil....ever since that I have been trying to recreate this concoction in as many different ways as possible. My latest creation of this was in dinner earlier this week.

I love eggs. I specifically love scrambled eggs! They are protein packed, cheap, and quick to prepare. I eat them at least twice a day.

Now this recipe is not exact measurements it is pretty much to taste.

Start off by melting a tablespoon or two of butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat. Mince one to two cloves of garlic into the butter as it melts. Once the butter starts to sizzle add a handful of red onion, to taste, let fry for a minute or two. Throw in a small diced tomato, let fry for another minute or two. 

While those are frying whisk eggs in a bowl, I did 6 eggs. Pour into hot pan and turn the temp down to medium low. Sprinkle some mozzarella in and let melt while you stir the eggs. In between stirring mince some fresh basil. Once the eggs are close to being done sprinkle in the fresh basil and cook until done. 


Once you are ready to serve, put on plates and sprinkle with more mozzarella.

I served my eggs with some potato wedges and fresh pumpkin! It was all so delicious and filling!


What is your favorite way to cook eggs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment