Monday, November 25, 2013

Menu Plan Monday #28 +Weekend Recap

So this weekend in the city consisted of a whole lot of trying to stay warm inside! We've yet to go shopping for our skiing stuff because these three Florida babes just cannot make ourselves go out in O Celsius weather! Brrrr! But, here is a look at what our weekend was like in pictures...because we all know a pictures is worth more than words...

It started off with lots of fun at the Xbox One Launch at our local EB Games. My husband is in the industry and was always told being a gamer will grow old...they apparently didn't know he was still 10 years old deep down inside and being in the industry only makes his passion for every game that comes out that much more exciting...

Her winter coat has a hole...in the side...so she decided to come out in three hoodies lol! She wouldn't let me get a picture of it so I am posting this more embarrassing one instead ;) 

He came out in a thick hoodie & a thick fleece lined leather jacket! LOL I live with a bunch of winter wimps! How those two will survive snowboarding this year I have no idea!

Pleased as punch with this day one console!

I love how for all their exclusive games, those that picked them up on day one Xbox marked them Day One with the date. Makes it that much more awesome. Very classy, Microsoft!

Again with the "Day One"...this really makes the effort of getting it preordered and waiting a bit in the cold that much more worth it!

Friday brought about a trip to the dentist for my little and then we went to see Catching Fire...it was amazing go see it if you haven't. Then of course we couldn't give up our New Restaurant Friday. So we went to this little diner on Davie Street called Hamburger Mary's Diner. Not quite so sure why the reviews are so low on it. The food was great, drinks were awesome, and it was quite cozy to hangout with the family.

I think this was called the sunset. It was quite delicious and warmed me right up! ;)

These two sipping on the a couple of amazing milkshakes...Cherry & Strawberry! YUM! Btw, isn't this the most adorable father/daughter picture ever?!

Saturday I had some errands to run and was full of just tidying the house and spending time as a family...

I found some washi-like tape at the dollar store. It's not rice paper it's on, it is more like a wax paper but it is great for embellishing planners, cards, gifts,etc. Plus, three roles for CAD$1.25 can't be beat!

That night was spent around the table enjoying some monopoly, cocoa, Christmas carols and time unplugged as a family. Can't ask for more on a cold fall night.

Sunday was spend going to yoga with the teenager (I wrote about this on my facebook page), then she had a friend come over and they took off to hours of tumbling and cheer, then the husband and I just spend some nice romantic time alone. I swear, after 15 years you would think that gets old, but it doesn't. 

I did reach a goal this weekend finally...the entire weekend, at the end of each day I saw this...

This app is the Waterlogged App. During the weekend I get so busy that I forget to drink water, so this weekend I was determined to make sure I reached my 64 ounces every, single day...and I DID! YAY! 

So that way our weekend....here is my menu for the week...

Breakfast
Monday: Cereal
Tuesday: Eggs hash (with peppers, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes)
Wednesday: French toast bake and hard boiled eggs
Thursday: (Happy American Thanksgiving, Friends!) I am keeping the kiddo home in the morning from school to watch the parade so we will have some gingerbread pancakes and maple syrup, we'll split a hot cocoa
Friday: Hard boiled eggs and leftover pancakes
Saturday: Leftover french toast bake or pancakes
Sunday: Big brunch of omelettes, bacon, and whatever is leftover of that french toast bake or pancakes

Lunch
Monday: 
Kiddo: Leftover pizza and an apple Me: leftovers of some kind
Tuesday:
Kiddo: Turkey wraps and peppers Me: Turkey wraps and mushrooms and peppers
Wednesday:
Kiddo: Sandwich with an apple Me: Leftovers of some kind
Thursday:
Kiddo: Turkey salad with apple or pear slices, almond butter for dipping Me: pumpkin spice protein shake and a turkey wrap
Friday:
Kiddo: Eat Out Me: Lunch with the hubs
Saturday:
Hamburgers with a big salad on the side
Sunday:
We will have eaten a big brunch so we will just snack on popcorn, cheese, etc.

Dinner
Monday: Chicken Alfredo with side salad 
Tuesday: Tacos with salad (these will be traditional & bean & veggie)
Wednesday: Ribs with salad, corn, and acorn sqush
Thursday: Pork chops and chickpea patties with sweet potatoes, potato wedges with cheese & bacon, and sauteed mushrooms & peppers
Friday: New Restaurant Friday
Saturday: Spaghetti (I will make spaghetti squash for me), with garlic bread and a big salad
Sunday: Sausage & peppers with salad and any leftover squash

  • So, how was your weekend...did you meet any goals you were wanting to meet for the week? I did, I met my water goal! YAY!
  • What is your favorite meal you are most looking forward to cooking this week? There are two, one the chicken alfredo because it is my hubby's favorite meal, my second are the ribs because those are my favorite!

2 comments: