Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Friday!!!

(Check out the AWESOME flowers my hubby go me this week...well sort of. I am such a crafty nerd that he told me to go get some so I went to the local cart that donates all proceeds to the elderly/homeless & made us a gorgeous bouquet)
HAPPY FRIDAY, Everyone!!! Yes, I screamed that! Welcome to F-R-I-D-A-Y!!! 

Now, being a stay at home mom/wife Friday isn't quite as special to me as it used to be, but it is still nice because it means I can do something super special to kick off the weekend which means a super fun & exciting two whole days with my two loves. 

So, for this Friday I planned pizza & a movie for us. But, since I love to be non-traditional we are going to do pizza burgers along with salad and some homemade garlic bread. We will also be watching "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close". I am really looking forward to seeing this as it's one the daughter & I have been wanting to see. Plus, in lieu of the Boston events I think it is a great time to review a horrific detail in the United State's history, while having a positive message behind it. 

So, before I get to the yummy recipe I thought I might list a few things I am thankful for this week: 
  • My husband (who is just as wild and crazy as me about seeing the world)
  • My daughter (who is amazing & puts up with our thousand moves & just rolls with the punches
  • The luxury of having lived so many different places and seen so many amazing things
  • The sun, this seems like a small thing but after the grey winter I am glad for some Vitamin D. 
  • The city of Vancouver which provides us with much entertainment & a fun walking experience every weekend..
Now, for the super fun recipes for tonight's dinner:

Pizza Burgers

1 lb ground beef (or 4 premade hamburger patty's)
Pizza sauce (canned or homemade)
Mozzarella cheese
Dried Basil
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder

If using ground beef form into four patties. On each side season liberally with dried basil, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Cover with saran wrap & let marinate all day. When ready, take patty's out & fry in a frying pan until done to your liking (I do about 10 minutes on each side, but we like ours fairly well done). In the mean time heat the broiler up & cover a baking pan with foil. As the burgers finish place them on the foil lined baking sheet. Top each burger with a generous amount of pizza sauce & mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted. Watch carefully or it will burn quickly under the broiler. Plate & serve along side a green salad & garlic bread.

My Favorite Garlic Quick Bread

1 Loaf of French Bread from the Bakery
a lot of softened butter
garlic powder
dried minced garlic
basil
mozzarella cheese, if desired

Split French Bread loaf in half. Spread liberally with softened butter (I'm a very healthy person but don't be shy here lol it's Friday you want to cover that sucker in buttery goodness). Shake garlic powder over the buttered halves. Be careful here, or not lol we love garlic so I use a lot & I'll only be kissing hubby so we will both have stinky breath & no vampire attacks will occur, certainly! Then, sprinkle lightly with minced garlic and basil for decoration. Then, if the mozzarella on the burgers isn't enough or you are serving this with a different meal feel free to cover this bad boy with some mozzarella. Then, stick under the broiler & toast it up. But, watch it carefully as it will burn quickly. 

For a super fun treat you can serve the burgers on the garlic bread. ;)

Hope y'all have a fabulous Friday!!! What sort of plans do you have for the weekend ahead???


No comments:

Post a Comment